Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas 40th Anniversary DVD!

It's hard to believe, but this year marks the 40th anniversary of the perennial Henson classic
Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas.


It's also hard to believe that this marks the first time the special has been officially released on DVD with Kermit's scenes intact! 

So far, the only brick and mortar store that seems to have in their store is Barnes & Noble.  Walmart, Target, and Best Buy carry it, but only online. Of course you can also order your copy from Amazon

2 comments:

  1. I just got the DVD... and I'm torn.

    On one hand, the Kermit scenes are back, which is great.

    On the other hand... it says it's "widescreen anamorphic"... which is strange, because the original was 4:3 (as 16:9 tvs were not a thing in the late 70s and 80s). I put the disc in, and indeed, the picture take up the whole of my 16:9 TV... but the picture doesn't look good. Comparing to my previous DVD, I see why. They simply zoomed in on the 4:3 frame, cutting off the top and bottom parts of the original 4:3 picture. And since it's zooming in on a standard definition (not hi-def) original picture... the picture quality doesn't look that great.

    This was a bit of a mess-up for this DVD, and I can't believe it wasn't caught in the testing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I own 2 other dvd versions. The aspect ratio issue is disappointing given the Kermit scenes are back.

    ReplyDelete